Company Name: Eaglekids Learning Centre Ltd dba. Eaglekids Learning Centre
Business Address: 38380 Buckley Avenue, V8B0E4 – Squamish – BC, Canada
Job Title: Childcare Director (NOC 40030)
Terms of Employment: Full time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
Wage: CAD$ 38 per hour
Benefits: 4% vacation pay added to bi-weekly pay.
Eagle Kids Canadian Learning Centre is committed to providing an educational program that is challenging, creative, nurturing, and child-centered. By offering an inviting, stimulating environment and developmentally appropriate programs, we see that each child’s social, emotional, and cognitive growth is encouraged and valued. We believe learning should be a joyful experience.
POSITION MANDATE/JOB SUMMARY:
The Childcare Director is responsible for the successful leadership, overall management, and operations of the organization according to the strategic direction, and policies set by the Board of Directors. The Childcare Director is responsible for policy implementation and effective management of The Place Child Care and all its programs. The Childcare Director is responsible for the overall planning, development, and implementation of age-appropriate programs to enhance the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional develop according to Organization’s program statement and philosophy and the Child Care Act.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITILIES & LEVEL OF AUTHORITY:
The Board of Directors delegates responsibility and authority for management functions to the Childcare Director to act on the Board’s behalf as the employer to:
• Manage and make decisions on the day-to-day operations for the organization
• Recruits, hires, supervises, and develops competent employees, and releases incompetent employees
• Assist and advise the Board on compliance requirements and operating the organization
• Implement all policies adopted by the Board
• Recommend appropriate policy issues for the Board’s attention
• Service as the CEO of the organization
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The job duties and responsibilities for the Childcare Director include but are not limited to the following and any other duties delegated by the Board of Directors.
• Works in collaboration with employees, and relevant licensing bodies and community agencies to accomplish the objectives of the organization
• Encourages team-building by facilitating open communication and positive working relationships with employees
• Administers and directs the complete day-to-day operations of the organization
• Directs the employee’s implementation of policies and procedures
• Directly oversee all employees to ensure everyone can work effectively as individuals and as a team to meet the goals of the organization
• Establishes follow-up mechanisms for the organization
• Ensures the organization complies with all Provincial legal requirements (Child Care & Early Years Act, Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety, Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Bill 132 (Sexual Violence & Harassment Action Plan Act)
• Assist the Board of Directors to develop a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
• Identify, assess and inform the Board of Directors of any internal or external issues that affect the organization.
• Arranges training or the purchase of goods to ensure compliance with all requirements
• Provides a monthly report on the operations of the organization for Board meetings
• Acts as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities.
• Implements policies on behalf of the Board
• Review and revise existing policies and procedures as required
• Communicate new policies and procedures to employees, provide training where required
• Monitor policies and procedures for effectiveness and compliance
• Determine staffing needs, recruits, hires, and releases employees based on the organization’s personnel policies approved by the Board of Directors
• Maintain accurate and up to date employee records in a safe confidential manner.
• Train, coach and mentor employees as appropriate to improve performance
• Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its clients and the Board
• Review and analyze reports and records related to the operation and delivery of services
• Ensures the programs operate within the budgetary parameters established
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 5+ years of previous related work experience;
- Ability to speak English;
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to details
Send resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions: Please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada. Our company offers professional team environment, as well as competitive wages, and benefits package after probation. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Invitation to all applicants: We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate by nationality or gender. We encourage applications from visible minority groups including women, aboriginals and newly landed immigrants.
*As a condition of employment, we require a background check, using the services of profile investigation.
Job ad posted on August 23, 2023